As a school with a Christian foundation, the staff and students work in an environment based on strong values, spiritual development and a commitment to community service – all of which play a fundamental role in the development of responsible, caring individuals.At Somerset College, there is a keen focus on educating the whole child. Academics, Sport, Cultural Activities, Leadership and Spiritual Development, Environmental and Outdoor Programmes ensure that every student can flourish and explore individual talent in any number of spheres. The Senior School is affiliated to the Independent Examinations Board (IEB) and the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). Somerset College strives to remain a centre of academic excellence where professional standards are maintained and where young people learn in a safe and happy environment which allows them to flourish.
At Somerset College we endeavour to provide a nurturing and stimulating environment where young people are guided by teachers of calibre to develop self-awareness and positive relationships. We endeavour to provide each child with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills to equip them to adapt and flourish in an ever-changing world. We hope that our school community will always contribute to their world with dignity.
We envisage a College which
– offers a world-class standard of education, within the context of South Africa
– strives for excellence in all activities according to each individual’s unique ability
– nurtures sound, caring relationships
– has a Christian foundation and fosters respect and understanding of other religions
– creates a stimulating and challenging working environment for the entire College community
– provides an educational asset which serves the wider community.
To learn more about our school, watch this video.
To view the school prospectus on-line, go to SOMERSET COLLEGE PROSPECTUS (Please allow a few minutes for it to download.)